Calling all students, faculty, researchers,
and inspired community members!
In the spirit of evolution towards a strong TMA Conference, the Steering Committee is looking for a new visual identity and needs your help. If you are good at designing a creative, innovative and professional logo, please submit your proposal. Proposals based on either evolution or refurbishing of TMA/WNM/TRAC workshop logos, as well as completely new ideas and directions are welcome!
The logo should be recognizable and help to promote our community’s vision. The rest is up to you! The winner logo will get a 250€ award and a special mention at the first TMA Conference in Dublin. Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements.
- Professional: Logo will be featured on our website, calls for papers, and other mediums (stationary, pamphlets, t-shirts, etc). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be clearly legible.
- Theme: Logo must promote the mission of TMA Conference Charter, i.e. “research work in the fields of network and traffic measurements, analysis and characterization.” Design should be universal and international in theme.
- Color: There are no limitations and any colors may be used. However, logo must look good in color (if any) and in black and white.
- Integrity: Logo cannot contain copyrighted or trademarked material. Entries must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
- Winner: After the final decision, the winning logo has to be submitted in high-resolution, vector-like format (e.g., SVG), and be editable using an open-source software. Raster formats (e.g., PNG, GIF, JPEG) are subject to quality loss when resized, thus they can not be accepted for the final version of the winning logo.
Eligibility: Anyone willing to promote the TMA Conference image.
Prize: 250€ (Yey!)
Selection process: Panel of judges will create the short list, and community will vote for the winner during the TMA conference in Dublin. Proponents will be invited on the stage to present their idea.
Submission: Entries should be in PDF format, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: “Logo Proposal”. The text of the email must provide information about the proponent, and a brief description of the idea of the logo, along with a declaration that the artefact does not contain any copyrighted or trademarked material, and that the logo has been created and edited by the proponent.
Submission deadline: May 15, 2017
Review and decision: May 15 – June 23, 2017 (tentative)
Winner announcement: During final session at TMA’17.