2nd Workshop on Mobile Network Measurement (MNM’18)
The second edition of the MNM workshop is a full-day, pre-TMA conference event, and takes place on Monday the 25th of June. Proceedings of the 2nd MNM workshop will be included within the TMA conference proceedings, published in the IFIP Open Digital Library, with open access, and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
The full MNM Workshop program is available here.
Network measurement provides essential input for operations and diagnostics as well as a basis for the network design and development of protocols in today’s complex networks. Over the last few decades, mobile networks have become a vital piece of the modern communications infrastructure, underpinning many aspects of modern society. However, measurement is challenging for mobile networks, because the mobile ecosystem is complex with many different components required to work together in a dynamic environment where channel conditions constantly change and users move. The workshop will focus on active and passive measurement methods and results for mobile networks.
The objective of the MNM workshop is to bring together researchers and industry, especially mobile operators and businesses whose operations depend on mobile networks, for discussion of measured network effects as well as optimization and advancement of measurement tools and methods for mobile environments. We solicit contributions on the state-of-the-art, results of ongoing research, open issues, trends and new ideas.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Measurement results of end-to-end and application-level performance (Quality of Experience) in mobile broadband networks
Tools and methods for end-to-end as well as application-level performance that are optimized for measurements in mobile networks
Measurement tools for middlebox and proxy detection as well as reports of measured middelbox behavior
Classification and modeling of in-network function in mobile networks
Machine learning and data analytics for monitoring and analysis of mobile network traffic
Visualization of dynamics in mobile networks for diagnostics
Approaches and protocols to support measurements and monitoring in mobile networks
Papers must be submitted to the website https://hotcrp.info.ucl.ac.be/mnm2018/
Authors should only submit original work that has not been published before and is not under submission to any other venue. Submissions must not exceed 6 pages in IEEE 2-column style, including all figures and references. Check specific formatting instructions here.
Paper submission: Friday,
April 20 May 4, 2018
Author notification: Monday, May 21, 2018
Camera ready: Friday, June 8, 2018
Workshop date: Monday, June 25, 2018
Feel free to contact the MNM workshop co-chairs if you have any questions regarding the CFP content:
- Özgü Alay, Simula Research Lab, Norway, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mirja Kühlewind, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, email@example.com
- Özgü Alay, Simula Research Lab (Norway)
- Mirja Kühlewind, ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- Anna Brunstrom, Karlstad University, Sweden
- Tobias Bühler, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Benoit Donnet, Université de Liège, Belgium
- Gorry Fairhurst, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Simone Ferlin, IBM, Norway
- Thomas Fossati, NOKIA, UK
- Haakon Lonsethagen, Telenor Research, Norway
- Diego Lopez, Telefonica, Spain
- Andra Lutu, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
- Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks, Spain
- Marco Mellia, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- David Ros, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
- Brian Trammell, ETH Zurich, Switzerland